Beginning Jan 26 You Will Get Training from the Best in the Business
Over 20 of the top names in the industry are coming together to get you the exact right information at the best moment in time. With expertise running the gamut from operations to marketing to finance to real estate and so much more.
We have put together over 50 training sessions that are ON DEMAND. This means you will have access based upon your schedule and availability to watch, learn, take notes and watch again.
The format of the event:
- 50 on demand education sessions
- 4 live panels discussions and Q/A each 90 minutes in length
- Jan 26, Noon CST – Getting started in the Outdoor Hospitality Industry
- Jan 26, 5PM CST – Do I Build or Do I Buy
- Jan 27, Noon CST – Selling My Park… and Doing it Right
- Jan 27, 5PM CST – Legal and Financial Whatcha M’Callit
- Beginning Jan 28 the real fun begins
Buy, Build or Sell Conference Topics
So much value and access all in one place. We have pulled together the best speakers in the industry to give you everything you need to hit the ground running. Save yourself thousands in wasted opportunity costs. The list of topics is very long and that shows the value you are about to receive:
- How do I Fund the Purchase or Construction of my Business?
- What to Know when Negotiating the Purchase of a Property
- SBA and USDA Federal Loan Programs for RV Parks and Campgrounds
- Lock Site Fees: Solving the Industry’s Oldest Dilemma
- How to Find the Right Property to Buy or Build on
- What Liability Risks do you Personally have and how to Protect Against them
- Legal Eagle – What a Lawyer has to Say about your Business Venture
- DIY Social Media Tips and Tricks
- Creating Value in your Property – How amenities Impact your Bottom Line and Picking the Right Ones
- Understanding Pros and Cons of Franchising
- How to Establish your Niche
- Marketing and Advertising as you Build your Launch
- Why it’s Important to be a Part of your State Association
- Valuing your Business – Understanding How Expenses Impact your Bottom Line
- Wi-Fi and Connectivity
- Linens – The Touch of Comfort
- Public Review – How to Encourage Good Reviews and Manage the Bad Ones
- How to Value your Business when Selling or Buying
- Wastewater Management
- Business Policies and Procedures – What you Need and How to get Started
- Utilizing Technology from a Park Operators Perspective
- A New Park Owner’s Perspective on Taking Online Reservations
- The Importance of the Camper Experience – Focused Booking Tools
- What Kind of Park Should I go with? Seasonal? Daily and Weekly Rates? Long Term Tenants?
- Understanding the Different Coverages and Policies Available for Insurance
- Glamping Accommodations – Everything you Need to Know About Covered Wagons
- How Insurance is a Part of your Path to Building or Buying a Park
- We Don’t Take Risks, We Manage Them – How Safe Campgrounds get Great Insurance Rates
- Waivers – What Ones do you Need and What Does that Look Like
- Teepees as a Glamping and Camping Accommodation
- Yurts – Everything you Need to Know
- Land Development Requirements – What Should I Know?
- Mentally Preparing for Business Ownership
- How to Effectively Manage your Employees, Customers, Vendors and Community
- Disaster Planning – Why you Need it From the Outset
- How Glamping is Transforming Outdoor Destinations and What you Can do to Prosper from it
- Camping and Glamping Tents – What you Need to Know
- What is a Treehouse? – Definition, Structural Options, Pros and Cons
- Treehouse Building Process: Design, Permitting, Fitting the Non-Traditional into Building Codes
- Powering your Park – How Electricity is the Key to your Future
- Researching Available Campgrounds
- What Park Owners Need to Know About Smart Revenue Management
- Defining Your Brand – How Storytelling Yields Results
- Selling your Park? Understanding Potential Buyers
- Do you Need a Broker or Real Estate Agent when Buying or Selling your Park?
- How to Get your Property Ready for Sale
- Put Your Best Foot Forward: What you Need to Know About your Park
- Software Setup: 9 Tips to Make More Money From the Get-Go
- What you Need to Know About Electric Vehicle Charging Stations for RV Parks & Campgrounds
*Note that titles and counts are subject to change
Topics and Training
In addition to the event topics you will also gain access into Outdoor Business Pros. This is a holistic training program that is hands on and tailored to your needs. You will have access to live training, modules and pre-recorded sessions. Some the topics will include:
How and what to do with social media to increase bookings, engage with guests and grow your business.
Covering all the major social media platforms including:
How does Google Ads and other ad networks work… and how to take advantage of them for your business. You could be wasting hundreds of dollars per month or losing out on thousands in income at the same time. What works? What doesn’t? and What should be focusing on to make sure your ads work their best?
This hands on training will empower and inform you on what it takes to properly manage and operate your digital ads with success.
Your website is THE first impression potential guests will get of your property. Do you know what it takes to succeed and show your best look? You will learn about the important concepts, practical applications and how to adjust and use your website for success. Take advantage of organic results (free traffic), work with partners, and overall leverage your web presence.
- Basics of website designs
- Elements that convert
- Separating you from what your guests want (they often are opposed)
- Integrating useful tools and booking aspects
Successful operators can generate significant income by streamlining their business and improving overall operations. Learn from the best in business on what you should and can do today to better operate your business.
- Staffing considerations and management
- HR processes and legal factors
- Office operations and consumer interaction
- Hospitality across areas – how to get your staff to provide a seamless experience
- What to monitor and what not to.
- Where are you losing money and how to fix it.
Money and Finances
Buying, selling, building and creating wealth off your outdoor destination business. In the end you need to be making money to pay the bills and keep the doors open. Learn:
- Proper accounting systems
- Measuring results
- Understanding key performance indicators (KPI)
- Value creation through efficiencies and operations.
- Estate planning and business structure
Outdoor Business Pros is an ongoing mastermind and training program for Outdoor Professionals. Get the skills and information you need consistently as you grow your business and revenue. All full access attendees will be able to get access to the Outdoor Business Pros for the specified period of time (see the registration page for details)